1. I love it when people say to babies, "I love you so much I could just eat you!" I think I first heard my friend Morgan say the phrase, it was so descriptive and I totally felt what she was saying. In the book, Where the Wild Things Are, Max is upset and says to his Mom "I'll eat you up!" I find this endearing as well.
2. I found a cute board book at Babies R Us, fell in love with it and bought 5! The words are perfect, colors are fantastic and the raised lines are fun for the little ones to touch. The title is You Are My Cupcake by Joyce Wan and all 5 of my copies have been sitting in my linen closet waiting for babies to be born.
3. Our used book covers were stacking up in a drawer and I couldn't let them go, I'm weirdly attached. I've seen my friend Lauren use everything from newspaper to bingo sheets as gift wrap so I thought I could do the same with our book covers!
4. Always check end caps at Target for clearance items. I've found great deals like grosgrain ribbon bows for 88¢! I picked up a handful, they're sitting in my bow bag waiting for celebrations.
5. My friend Courtney just had her 3rd baby! So I wanted to bring her some CRAVE breakfast cupcakes (my favorite ones from this post) and a gift to leave as a surprise at her doorstep.
And this is how all these things came together as something special ready for drop-off:
A super-cute baby book, a new use for old book covers, grosgrain bows on clearance and delicious breakfast for the Mom of a newborn.